L2 Linewars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PvP Server, Freya Client

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post )

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nyx

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) Empty
PostSubject: {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post )   {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Hey guys,

This is my newest guide. I will exlain you all steps you have to do to modify your client.

I divided it in 3 parts, Weapon glows, Chat colors and messages and Music

Weapon glows speaks for it self... The glows ONLY change on your screen, other players will still see your weapons blue/red (retail)
Chat colors and messages .. You can change colors of messages in your chatbox and also display some messages directly on your screen.
Music.. You can add you own music in area's/towns

If you dont know anything about client modding, i would suggest to not to the last part (music), its rather hard and you can make mistakes rather easily.
Goodluck

=======================================================================================
We will go modify our client
This is totally legal, it wont effect any other players in-game. What u change here can you only see or hear.

We will start with the easy part

>> I recommend to make a copy of all original files just in case <<[/color]

========================================================================================
> Weapon Glows <

Download these 2 programs:
L2FileEdit CT2.3: http://www.multiupload.com/D8E5R2EXWI
Colorpic: http://www.multiupload.com/KX0WR5D5I7

Open your L2FileEdit and click ''Open and decrypt''. Search your L2folder and go into your system and chose for ''Env.int''. Open this file.
{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) 2qs2u5l

You will get this screen:
{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) Hskksk

Scroll down till you see this screen:
{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) N3utk8

These lines are the ones we are gonna use, as you can read it just are a some numbers.
Every color is mixed with 3 colors (Red, Green and Blue). The numbers tell us how much from every color is mixed.

Now we will use our Colorpic program, open it.
You will see this:
{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) 24waeiu

At the bottom you see lots of colors, if you click on of these you will get the numbers you need.
{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) Qossqw

Lets explain this all a bit:
The the color-box:
- Magenta or Fuchia = the name of the color you picked.
- FF00FF = HTML code of the color

The Mixer-Box:
You got some numbers there, and 3 of these you will need.
We will need the number under "Red", "Grn" and "Blue".
In this case this will bee 255, 0, 255.

Now we go back to our Fileedit and fill this in
{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) V5v6nr

As you can see i filled in the code twice (in FileEdit). If you want your glow to change between 2 colors you can fill in 1
Explample: Enchant4=(R1=255,G1=0,B1=255,R2=0,G2=255,B2=0,Opacity=1,Num=0.1)

In this example my glow will change between pink (255, 0, 255) and green (0, 255, 0).

Num - represents the number of flames/lightnings that are shown on your weapon, the higher the number the more of the corresponding animation you will see and the more intense augmentations will look

Opacity -the opacity value represents the over all transparency of the glow, the higher the number the more solid the color, the lower the value, the more see-through the color is; in most instances the value should be left at 1, however if you like your colors to be more solid, than raise it

EnchantMeshShow=x --x is the enchant number at which colors start to show up (in my case i`ve set it 4, so at +4 enchant colors show up, but you can set it any value, even 3 or lower, doesen`t matter)

EnchantEffectShow=y is the enchant at which flames/Epic glow show up

Now, if you want to edit also your augment glows, scroll down a bit more and you will see "Variation"
Under variation you see the same as above, so just do the same, and you will change the glows from augmented weapons.

When you have everything ready press "Save and encrypt" and chose for version 111.

Paste this file into your system folder and overwrite the original. Now start up your l2 and enjoy your colorfull game!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Chat colors and Chat messages <

Normally this is really hard to do, and also to explain. But afther some nights of googling I found an intresting program.
It is really easy in use and ill explain it a bit to you.
Let's Begin!

Download this program:
SME V1.1 - http://www.multiupload.com/F367CG2KBH

Open your program and click "File" chose for "Open".
Search for your l2-folder and go into your system. Search the file Systemmsg-e.dat and open it.
You will see this:
{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) V7e8i0

This is a list with all known messages in l2. (from ID 0 till 6507)
You can edit ANY message you want, in ANYTHING you like.

We will do an easy example:
We want to change GMlist in AdminList

1. Search the line > Click "Edit" > "Search".
a little box will pop-up and write "GM list", You will do to ID 703.

on that line you can see this a,======<GM List>======\0
The "a,"is always in front of it, dont care about it
then, ======<GM List>====== is your message, this will be showen in-game when you write /gmlist.
We wanna change it to ======<Admin List>====== so we do it.

So click on the line (ID 703) and you will see this:
{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) Ouazq8

In "Preview" you see the message you will see in your chatbox.
we change a,======<GM List>======\0 here to a,======<Admin List>======\0 then press "Save Changes"

And ready!

Now we go a "Little" bit more advanced.

Lets say we want to change some colors from messages
We are gonna change the message "a,$c1 has given $c2 damage of $s3.\0" from color.

Maybe first a little bit about the strange things you see here.
$c1 = Your name
$c2 = Your target's name
$s3 = Damage
In other messages these can present diffrent things!
( in coordinats $s3 can be the 3rd coordinate )

So lets go on. We know now how to read these lines, lets change the color
Click on the little Arrow on the right.

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) 2eckhfq

in the first box you see basic colors, just click one and you will see that your message will change from color.
If you dont like any of those colors you can chose for "More colors".

=> Sorry that my program is in dutch... but ill translate fast
Rood = Red
Groen = Green
Blauw = Blue
"Aangepaste kleuren" = "Extra colors" > These are the ones you made yourself.
"Aan aangepaste kleuren toevoegen" = "Copy to extra colors"
=/

When you changed the color of your message click "Save changes" and you can edit the next message!

If you are ready with the whole file and editted all messages you like, click on "File" > "Save"
Your file will be changed in the same folder as where you opened it.
( if you editted your file in your system folder, your new file will be changed automaticly )

Now we go a bit more advanced ;p
We are going to add messages that appear on your screen.
Before i will get posts about it.. Since gracia you CANT display damage on your screen. (If anybody finds out how anyway, plx post!!!)

So lets start.

Lets say we are gonna edit the message wich tells us if our debuff landed or not.
First we had to search the line, so "Edit" > "Search" and search on "Resisted".
We will find the line with ID 139, the message is a,$c1 has resisted your $s2.\0.
$c1 = here your target
$s2 = your debuff

Lets add a message wich will appear on your screen:
Tick on "Click to enable the sub message"
Now we can let appear any message we want on our screen. To keep it simple we will use the same message as our original.

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) 34obqq1

Lets explain what u see:
Sub message: The message who will appear on your screen.
Position: The position where the message will appear (http://g.imagehost.org/view/0528/Shot00000)
For example, Top center = position 2 on the screen... Took the screen from internet (Bad me o.o)
Time: Duration of the message on your screen... i suggest to keep it always on 1 sec, thats long enough.

Then press "Save changes" and when you are ready with everything you wanted to edit save your systemmsg-e again ("File" > "Save")

This was everything about systemmsg-e. Any command you see in-game can be editted in here!

==========================================================================================
> Adding music to area's <

Well.. maybe its a bit "Stupid" to do, bcs you can also use a normal player and just play your songs in a normal way.
But if you wanna be special, add them to area's Wink.
Ill explain you how,, please if your english isnt really great, dont start doing this... you might get in troubles for sure then ;p,, sorry

Lets begin,, for this you will need some programs,, since i love to google i managed to decrease it to 3 programs, rather small ones.
Here we go

Programs:
OGGpatcher: http://www.multiupload.com/2UO5HZQSMX
Youtube Downloader (In-built converter!): http://www.multiupload.com/04F53Q1FU7
Audacity: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/ > Chose your operating system and done.

Let me first explain the programs a bit that we are gonna use.

YOU MAY SKIP THIS PART.
1st. OGGpatcher.

This simple program is used to "patch" your OGG files to readable files for your music player.
This program isnt really nessairy for adding music, but its helpfulll.. this way you know what you are gonna change.

How to use it:
(My screens will show that i patch an epilogue client, simple reason.. my freya client is already patched Wink )

So open your lineage2 folder, and go to "Music"
Simply right-click on any file and chose for "Open with..."
click on "Chose program".

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) Xnb0iu

search OGGpatcher in the list.

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) Nmnjg3

Click "Ok" and you will see a black screen comming up. like this

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) 30c5f2s

When its finished just click any key to close it.

Now all your OGG files are readable by your music program. (I use windows media player)
-=-=-=-=-

Second program: Youtube downloader.

Well, the name explains itself, you can download youtube movies with a few clicks.

Install and open your program, you will see this:

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) 24mf0id

The options you see:"
- Under "What do you want to do?" you have 2 options, we will start with the first one.

In the box you see "Enter the URL.... you want to download"
I guess you understand it, if you dont... this is the place where you have to paste the link of the movie.

Under this box you can select the quality, i always chose for "Best Availeble". if you take good quality movies
you will also download it here exactly the same.

The next box is your download location, your files will go to that folder, if you wanna change it, do it.

How to use it:
1. Search nice video on youtube
-> He downloads as Mp4, if you need only the music we will convert to MP3 (will come later)
2. choose your quality
3. Click "Download"

You will now get a normal download, wich is your video, download it and done, you downloaded a youtube vid!

For our use we will also need the second option, so choose for "Convert or play a video you have already downloaded"
you will get this:

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) 9zy1k5

I think it cant be more simple... Search your MP4 you downloaded, convert it to MP3 and you will get the music only Wink.
> It will be saved in the same folder
--=-=-=-=-=-
Audacity:

This is a nice program, you can use it in many ways, you can mix music or stick diffrent songs togetter.

That last one we are gonna use. Ofcourse we want more then 1 song or 1 mix in a town.
so we will go glue all songs togetter to 1 file!

Here we go.

1. Open your Audacity and click on "File" > "Open" (Screens are in dutch, sorry for that!)

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) 332ui6d

2. Open your song you want to start with, i will be using "Daft punk - Harder better faster stronger" (Great pvp song!)

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) 2mpy2aw

It may look a bit weird, but this is basicly music.. a bunch of soundwaves.
Anyway, this is the first song you will hear.

Now go to "File" and click "New". Audacity will open a 2nd time now. Go to your second audacity and open a new song.
I will go for > "Swedish House Mafia - One".

Your first audacity will be the file you gonna use in lineage2 > !NEVER CLOSE THE FIRST ONE!
So

Open your 2nd Audacity and press "CTRL A" (he will select All)
Afther you selected all press "CTRL C" to copy everything.

Now go back to your 1st audacity and place your cursor at the end of the music.
You will see some line where u placed your cursor.
When you have done that click "CTRL V" and you will paste your 2nd song behind the first song. (this might take a few seconds)

In this screen you can see it.
The green part is the end of your 1st song, The red part is the begin of your second song.

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) 15chuhj

Now close your 2nd Audacity and open a clean one for your next song.
The more song you will put togetter, the longer it takes. So i suggest to download complete mixes form youtube and
put those togetter, will save some time ;p.

When you have all songs pasted in your 1st audacity we will convert it to OGG.
Audacity supports this extension (thats why we use it) THIS DOES TAKE SEVERAL MINS.. 1h music was here aprox 8mins.

Go to "File" and click "Export as OGG Vorbis"

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) 2zojhco

Choose where you want to save the file and ready. you got all your favorite music in an OGG file.
-=-=-

Lets put the file to your l2-client.

Rename your file to NT_(town you want) >> Example: NT_Giran / NT_Aden
Then paste your file into your "Music"-folder
and overwrite your original. It might be usefull to keep a copy of the original, just in case!

And we are done, You got your own favorite music in the town you choose. Goodluck!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

If you find any broken URL's, post it and ill refresh them.
If you find spelling mistakes.. sorry for that im not perfect, and not gonna edit them all ;p

Have fun modding! and i hope it can help a bit in pvp.
Back to top Go down
Azazel

Azazel

PostSubject: Re: {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post )   {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 9:29 pm

nice one... i have already fixed/modified my systemg.e with custom colors...
i think enchant glows is good as it is...
but i will tryed to change some text ons the systemg.e...
like enchanting succes or gmlist.
grettings
Back to top Go down
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post )   {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:05 pm

Azazel wrote:
nice one... i have already fixed/modified my systemg.e with custom colors...
i think enchant glows is good as it is...
but i will tryed to change some text ons the systemg.e...
like enchanting succes or gmlist.
grettings

hm never tried enchant succes myself,, but a nice one xD gotta try that too once

gm list i did try, but when you got 2 gms only it only says the first ;p

EDIT: Just check about enchant,, its ID 64-65 and when it fails 67-68 i tought.

Anyway its possible! ;p
Back to top Go down
Azazel

Azazel

PostSubject: Re: {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post )   {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 1:35 pm

i cant open systemmsg.e from freya client... it only load messages from epilogue systemsmg.e... i've tryed like 10 times to open it but didnt get it.
in case you modify the system.. you should share it with us... il be waiting for it in case u successfuly done it.
grettings and take care good friend...
congratz for ur hero status... i told u you would rock in olya XD
Back to top Go down
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post )   {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:14 pm

Azazel wrote:
i cant open systemmsg.e from freya client... it only load messages from epilogue systemsmg.e... i've tryed like 10 times to open it but didnt get it.
in case you modify the system.. you should share it with us... il be waiting for it in case u successfuly done it.
grettings and take care good friend...
congratz for ur hero status... i told u you would rock in olya XD

Sry i was on vacation from monday till today,, ill share mine with you,,

indeed you need a patched client ;p

Patched Env.int: env.int
Patched systemmsg-e.dat: Systemmsg-e.dat

These arnt the retail ones... i already modified them to my taste ;p so just change them, or keep it if u like it.
Back to top Go down
Azazel

Azazel

PostSubject: Re: {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post )   {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:16 pm

thnxs for sharing with us your systemsmg.e
hope see you around more often
Back to top Go down
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post )   {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 8:09 pm

I log from time to time,, but im kinda more active on my other server ;p

Mostly when i log here i dont see anybody... and when i do see somebody they dont wanna pvp bcs im Hero..
Back to top Go down
Azazel

Azazel

PostSubject: Re: {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post )   {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 2:03 pm

im starting to paly a friends server... so i wont be so active at this server... besides, its getting bored... a PvP server without PvP = boring
z.ya
Back to top Go down
Nyx

PostSubject: Re: {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post )   {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 7:27 pm

Azazel wrote:
im starting to paly a friends server... so i wont be so active at this server... besides, its getting bored... a PvP server without PvP = boring
z.ya

Pm me the server's adress ill come by some time Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post )   {Guide} Client modding ( Player Post ) Empty

Back to top Go down

{Guide} Client modding ( Player Post )
Page 1 of 1